The secret of a beautiful Christmas tree.


It was one more road trip for our family: Houston - Charleston - Cashiers and back.
 I can't describe the journey as "easy peasy lemon squeezy" as my kids say, but definitely, it was the amazing experience for all of us. 970 miles x 2, a couple of days with driving, exploring the areas around our lodging are the best quality time with the family.


We went to a cabin, sorry,  a lodge in Cashiers, North Carolina for several days.  The place met us with a strong smell of an old grandma's house and with a ton of small stunning interior details.  It is very simple to imagine the owner picking the stuff up for the house with love, attention, and fantasy.












The black bear is not just a symbol of this place, but it is the most common illustration on the road signs. " Watch the bears".





Now I know why there are bear decorations everywhere in the cabin!
We saw that little chubby cub from the terrace of the house.


Right from this spot.

The day after the wild turkeys came to visit our view.



 The squirrel from the Ice Age dropped its nuts.



My first phrase in the morning after the first night in the cabin was "I finally slept with an opened window! I almost forgot this feeling of the light breeze on my face in the night time!" Yes, we don't open the windows in Houston, especially in the summertime. 

I felt like I returned back to Stavanger ...






Now you have to be very patient because I have a lot of photos of Cashiers hillsides to show you.





















I made a lot of photos of nature, but I did not take any picture of the town at all.
I've captured just one common thing between Houston with its subareas and Cashiers. 

I made pictures of the bikes...


and vintage antique boutique...








and tons of blue views... 




and gigabytes of pictures with the Christmas trees.


Cashiers town is surrounded by plenty of  Chrismtas tree farms. 


































The "adult" trees look like from a cover of a magazine. The fields are covered with the green ideal triangles. 


These fellows are really like from a movie, too fantastic to be true. 


They are high and kind of a hedgehogy type.

But these guys look totally different. I mean they came from the barber shop recently.
 Do they grow like that or is it some sort of tree? 

After I saw the people among the trees with saws in their hands, and I heard the sounds of working saws I discovered why North Carolina Christmas trees are so beautiful and ideal.


All the trees generations went through the step of being trimmed.
To be attractive to consumers.




x
x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jacob's Well

Renessøy in April 2020.